ZA

i was bitten by an insect or spider, no sure. it made a blister and when i scratched it, there was liquid that came out. it itches terribly. the pharmacist gave me phenergan pills and stop itch oitment. my ancle an foot is swollen?

Dr. Stanley Katz
Dermatology 47 years experience
See dermatologist: Insect bites can cause swelling and blisters as well as itching. They may also become infected. See Dermatologist for tx which might consist of a potent steroid cream, an antihistamine, and cold water soaks to lessen the oozing , itching, and swelling. Try to avoid any oral antibiotic unless definitely necessary.

Last updated Sep 21, 2020