U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old female asked:

I have major pain under my feet, my heels are very painful especially when i wake up in the morning or if i sit and stand up. i cant even step comfortably which causes me to change the way i walk. its been a few weeks.not sure what kind of dr to see?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Internal Medicine 40 years experience
Heel pain: Sounds like plantar fasciitis. You can get a wooden foot massager https://www.chemist.co.uk/source-balance-wood-foot-massger.html , try rolling it over an frozen water bottle , memory foam insoles, motrin if not allergic and there are night braces https://www.braceability.com/products/padded-night-splint-foot-boot. If does not work may need injection F/u/ w/ podiatrist ( foot doctor)
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jeffrey Trantalis, DPM
Podiatry 44 years experience
One possibility : The previous response is very thorough except for one possibility. Custom orthotics when made properly can be effective 90% in my practice
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 17, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.