Pakistan

29/male. i have ibs for last 08 years. got my labs done. (folate 2.9, b12: 178 pg/ml). celiac serology, anti-if/anti-parietal abs, stool for reducing substances, stool re, ana all negative. hb 17.5g/dl. why are my b12 and folate levels low?

Pathology 50 years experience
Need to examine: It is not feasible to ascertain the cause of vitamin deficiency, without examining you. If you have not lost weight, it is likely to be due to low intake. You can oral multivitamins with folic acid. For B12, it would be better to take sub-lingual form of B12. Have a healthy diet, exercise 30 minutes/day, drink plenty of water, have safe sex, no tobacco alcohol weed or street drugs.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 3, 2020