Pittsburgh, PA

Was told to take my metoprolol at night to combat dizziness i've been experiencing. i'm on it for tachycardia. after taking it at the new time. i noticed my heart rate climbed to 130 gradually on my fitbit. it came back down. what could it be?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Metoprolol: Make sure that your taking the extended release from of metoprolol. The regular preparation may not last long enough for you. If you're already taking the extended form, you may require a stronger dose. I assume your lightheadedness was due to too slow a heart rate or too low a blood pressure in the past.

Last updated Jul 25, 2020