Greeley, CO

My kidneys are low functioning and i wondered which one of my meds are causing it, metformin, high blood pressure pills, simvastatin or the naproxen, i want to stop taking whatever is ruining my kidneys, so which one of them is doing that?any ideas?

Dr. Elizabeth Cabrera
Medication review: Kidney failure has many causes of which medication is just one. Of the medications you mentioned, metformin, naproxen, and certain blood pressure medications can be problematic in patients with kidney disease. You should see your doctor to establish why you have kidney dysfunction and to review your medications.

Last updated Nov 17, 2020