A member asked:

Recently my upper arms have been experiencing soreness that seems to rotate through the muscle at the upper end of my forearms, my shoulders, biceps, and triceps. one arm is worse than the other, but both are now showing symptoms. what course of action should i take? upper arm muscle soreness

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Yvette Kratzberg answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Strain/injury: Pain on movement can typically be traced back to a strain or minor muscle injury. Avoid positions that make the pain worse. Do not do any lifting or pulling with that arm. Wear a sling for comfort. Take NSAIDS for antiinflammatory effect. Rest the area so healing can occur. Use alternating hot and cold packs to alleviate the pain. Talk to a Dr if the pain does not resolve in 2 weeks time.

Answered 7/11/2020



Related Questions