Bolingbrook, IL

I have had two quantitative serum immunoglobulin tests in 2 months my igg, iga was normal my igm was low on both test what could this mean?

Dr. Juan Guarderas
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
Depends on health: The results of these test and any test depends of the clinical context, example; frequent infections? wait loss? other illness? The save approach is to check with your primary care and maybe a consultation with an allergy immunologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 50 years experience
How low?: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, it would have helped had you provided the actual value. Do you have any symptoms? Isolated low IgM is not a cause for concern. Wish you good health!
Last updated Jul 12, 2020