Philadelphia, PA

My dog bit lower inside part of my pointer finger about 3 wks ago. it was swollen, bleeding, bruised & i couldnt fully bend it for couple days. all has been fine for a while but there has been this little bump on it where the wound was. what is it?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Bump = healing: Open wounds heal by creating pink granulation tissue to fill in the defect. Over time this tissue can grow a little higher than the surrounding tissue. As it is stretched and the granulation tissue (scar) is replaced by normal tissue, the bump will soften and disappear. Try not to disrupt this newly grown tissue as it can lead to worsened scarring.

Last updated Jul 7, 2020