i bought nicorrette 15mg patches to stop smoking. applied it just below my left rib cage, started feeling to tingling effect about an hour after that, took it off after started feeling a sharp pain about 2 hours later. now pain is not going away?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Nellmarie Bodenstein
Specializes in
PLeuritis: Sharp pain is associated with the lungs. I suggest you drink some Slow Mag 2 twice daily for the lungs. With stopping to smoke your cilia in the airways will start working and you will start coughing phlegm. Can drink Q-tuss to help clean the airways. Also remember smoking helps with anxiety, and now you might experience your stress, this can cause chestpains.Drink Magnesium
Answered on Jul 1, 2020
24 years experience Psychiatry
Nicotine Patch: Is the pain localized to the area where the patch was applied? Does it seem to be superficial - impacting skin? Hypersensitivity reactions, rash, dry skin, urticaria can occur with use of nicotine patches. Sorry, I can't say much without understaind more about your pain.
Answered on Jul 3, 2020