I am waking up in the night with a very cold feeling along with tingling in my head. thought i was cold, warming up doesn't stop it. recent changes: quit smoking and celebrex (celecoxib). only occurs at night.

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Asha Kamnani answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

I am happy that you have been successful in giving up your smoking addiction. It is the best thing you can do for your health. When you quit smoking, your body can go through some hormonal changes that can be associated with flushing, cold and warm sensations. Please be patient and everything will settle down. Your symptoms are not related to celebrex (celecoxib) withdrawal. Be proud of your new achievements.

Answered Jul 7, 2014

3.9k views

Dr. Patrick Kohlitz answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

It is difficult to assess your symptoms over the internet. Certainly, recently quitting smoking may predispose you to having headaches/tingling at night but see your physician for a proper evaluation.

Answered May 19, 2016

3.9k views