Georgia

So if my tonsils are removed and i'm still having tonsil stones coming from my throat where are they coming from and what can i do to get rid of them?

Dr. Tyler Lewark
28 years experience
Tonsil stones: They may be coming from residual tonsil tissue that was not removed, or possibly from the lingual (tongue) component of tonsillar tissue that is not removed in a standard tonsillectomy. I would recommend you see an ENT who can evaluate you for residual tonsillar tissue and perform endoscopy to look at the base of the tongue.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 2, 2018