have strep throat, will be done with antibiotics in three days. still waking up every morning with a fever even though taking ibuprofen and tylenol?

2 doctor answers
25 years experience Psychiatry
Sore Throat: How high a fever? How was Strep throat diagnosed? I think it is time to give your doctor a ring and to advise that you are still febrile.
Answered on Jun 25, 2020
1
46 years experience Pediatrics
Some thoughts: Some of the worst looking sore throats I ever saw were those who had mononucleosis or other viral throat infections. You can carry & be infected by the strep A germ at the same time so a positive strep test does not mean that is the only germ involved. I would contact the docs office with your info to see how they would advise you to proceed. Mono sore throats can last 3 weeks +.
Answered on Jun 28, 2020