U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old female asked:

I think a an eczema break out on my hands. i have small blisters between my fingers. i'm currently using a neutral soap and dermalex, cortisone creams did not help clear up the rash. what would be the best treatment?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 37 years experience
Moisturizer: Apply a moisturizer several times daily. The moisturizer should contain no fragrance. A thin layer of an antibiotic ointment may be used three time daily. Use gloves while cleaning and please follow up with your PCP.
Dr. Stanley Katz
Dermatology 48 years experience
Dyshidrotic eczema: sounds like dyshidrosis, a type of eczema that often occurs between fingers and sometime toes. pts usually get attacks periodically with stress and seasonal changes. Suggest seeing a dermatologist to confirm, but usually mid-high potency steroid creams help along with cold water soaks. Once in a while, an Id reaction to a fungus on another part of the body e.g. feet may cause a similar rash.
Last updated Nov 8, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.