Canada

I am 31, and have been with my husband for 6 years. i have a skin tag/mole like thing on my vaginal area. it was fine, and couple days ago, i found that it had a couple of blood spots on the mole/tag. is it melanoma or cervical cancer? hoping not.

Dr. Hishalah Zvulon
21 years experience
Vaginal lesion: The best action would be to see a gynecologist for an evaluation. it is hard to say without visualizing the lesion. However, one can have melanoma in that region. Or due to friction this could be partially lacerated skin tag/mole. Pap smear is used to screen for cervical cancer. Typically, the doctor would biopsy it and send to pathology if suspicious in appearance. Then one would have a diagnosis
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 13, 2020