South Africa

I sleep 9 or 10 hours every night and feel fine, not sleepy. how come each time i have tried waking up after 8/8.5 hours i feel very groggy the whole day. my sleep cycle app says i get around 100% quality and wakes me up when i am in light sleep..

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Circadian rhythms: Our bodies have a rhythm that they follow daily. It is determined by the light of the sun and the dark of night acting on our pineal gland and by our routines. If you are accustomed to sleeping 9-10 hours at specific times, it is a big process to change that. Try adjusting by 15 minutes every couple of weeks until your desired sleep time is achieved. it cannot be changed drastically in one day.

Last updated Jun 9, 2020