TX

im having alot of lower leg swelling and retaining water. my socks leave deep crease in my legs. my husband's are the same only his legs are red and has water blisters and leaks clear. is it heart failure?what do i do?

Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 57 years experience
Edema CHF?: The reason you are both having edema is in part related to eating more sodium(Na) than your kidneys can get rid of. There are many causes and you need to find out as treatment will differ widely. I recommend USING the app Cronometer to track Na intake to see where the Na is coming from. Your daily goal should be <1,500 mg Na. Discuss results with your team. Keep them and us posted.