ZA

Hi,my son is 10 yrs and he still pee's in his bed at night.i wake him up every nite but it doesnt help. is this normal? is it a psychological problem? at his school theyve referred me to a educational psychologist im really concerned&need help pls

Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Enuresis: The International Children's Continence Society has recommended the following standardization of terminology: nocturnal enuresis is the involuntary loss of urine that occurs only at night. The following info may help! https://www.aafp.org/afp/2003/0401/p1509.html
Dr. Yunus e Haffajee
Enuresis requires in: Hi, its understandable that you are concerned. Your son is experiencing enuresis, and there are many possible causes besides psychological. I suggest you start at a GP for a urine test to check for infection. If that is clear then he will be referred to a urologist to investigate any abnormal structure of his urinary anatomy.

Last updated May 18, 2020