my 2 month old baby has a bump near the nose when she smiles or laugh which gets hard. is this normal?

45 years experience Pediatrics
Confusing post: The size & location of this bump is not clear. There is a tear sac located at the nasal side of the eye just under the skin at the edge of the nose. Infants whose tear sac is blocked can form such a bump. I would need to examine the kid to confirm or exclude the cyst. Treatment if needed could only be decided after deciding what it is. You can bring it up at her next exam. Not urgent.
Answered on Apr 30, 2020
1