My ear feels like its ringing into my head if im on my cell phone alot. what is that?

8 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Patrick Melder answered

Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery

Tinnitus: What you are describing is tinnitus. I suspect you have it even when not using the cell phone. Tinnitus is very common and usually but not always associated with hearing loss (usually a high frequency loss). I would recommend getting a hearing test at your local ent's office. Unfortunately, there is no cure for tinnitus.

Answered 12/13/2013

6.1k views

Dr. David Mann answered

Tinnitus: Tinnitus is ususlly due to nerve damage and is usually associated with hearing loss. Hearing aids will often improve tinnitus by bringing in sound and thus masking tinnitus. Environmental noise especially "white noise" will help mask out tinnitus. Occasionally, tinnitus will be associated with treatable causes like wax or fluid. Certain medications like Aspirin (or nsaids) increse tinnitus.

Answered 11/6/2014

6k views

Dr. R. Keith Hill answered

Nerve damage: Agree with dr melder! if the ringing is mostly in one ear you must see an ENT and have a hearing test. Sometimes ringing in one ear can be the symptom of inner ear diseases including a tumor growing on the inner earnerve.

Answered 6/10/2014

6k views