U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old female asked:

I seem to have an itchy rash by my gential area. it is by my bikini line, top of my inner thigh going towards the back inbetween my buttocks. it is extremely itchy and flares up when i sratch it. the skin has become flaky and scab like eczema ?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ralph Boling
Obstetrics and Gynecology 40 years experience
Fungal infections: can present this way, treatment with antifungal medication, or seeing your doctor for an exam and testing is reasonable.
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Agree with Dr. B: Visit this site for information about anti-fungal medication. If treatment with over the counter medication does not resolve the issue in a week or two, it would be prudent to see your doctor. Wish you good health!
Last updated Apr 23, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.