Can eczema turn into psoriasis? i have a patch of itchy skin on my shin diagnosed as eczema. my gp prescribed verdeso 0.05% rash came back red & bumpy

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Doubtful: Eczema and Psoriasis are two different entities. It could be possible one could be mistaken for the other. Otherwise I would get examined to confirm this patch of skin and confirm the diagnosis. Good luck

Answered 1/25/2016

3.8k views

Yes: psoriasis and eczema can be treated with the same meds at an early stage. However eczema is much more common and you may need to use the medication or a stronger one long term. There is a condition called seboriasis which is half eczema/ psoriasis, and then there is psoriasis. It is a classic case of the last thing you try will work. See your doctor

Answered 11/6/2018

3.8k views

Dr. John Chiu answered

No: In fact atopic eczema and psoriasis are nearly 180 degree opposite to each other in term of the immune reactions. Cortisone is a non-specific anti-inflammatory agent which however may help both conditions although better and safer alternatives may be required. The itchy rash on your chin is likely from a contact allergy with hair preparations being the most likely suspects.

Answered 9/28/2016

3.8k views