U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old female asked:

I have diarrhea in 7 years now is something wrong with me and what can i do about it?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 47 years experience
This is a tough one: If you haven't seen a GI specialist, go see one now. I don't think i can give any more advice than that in 400 words. Most common causes of chronic diarrhea are malabsorption and ulcerative colitis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.