U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old member asked about a female:

My child (3 years old) has an indention on the right side of her head with mild discoloration. shes had it for the past 2.5 years. would you recommend any tests?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Exam first: Under the watchful eyes of a skilled pediatrician any child can be examined and properly evaluated. Your post is a bit vague & does not point to a specific label. No testing may be needed if the issue can be explained by exam. When, if & what testing might be needed would be determined by exam.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 15, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.