ZA

a few weeks back a had a ct scan of my abdomen which reveald diverticulitis. take home medication was given and cleared up in the course of a week. for a few days the discomfort has come back feels a bit worse. what are my next steps?

Dr. Danelle Serfontein
Specializes in Family Medicine
Contact your doctor!: Diverticulitis is a serious and potentially dangerous condition. You have to contact your own doctor as soon as possible for a clinical review and appropriate management. Do not wait any longer.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Exam needed: Get examined to see if diverticulitis has recurred. If so you will need treatment again. If repeated episodes occur, you may need surgery to remove the diseased part of the descending colon. I'm old fashioned and I still recommend avoiding harsh roughage like popcorn, nuts, seeds,etc.

Last updated Apr 8, 2020