ZA

just wanted to check i had a meeting with someone who had recently been back from australia, is australia a high risk country?

Dr. Claudine nandi Lee
Travel is a risk: Any travel is a risk, that is how this has spread so yes I would advise you telephonically consult with a doctor and see what they advise is best right now. But locking down requires all of us to stay put to stop transmission. I mean international travel is a risk to get covid and from international folk, especially recently. Travel right now to expose yourself and others is also a risk.
COVID 19: No. As of today (27 May 2020) Australia has the 61st highest number of cases in the world. There are only 7,139 reported cases and a total of 103 reported deaths. So, it is not considered high risk at this time.