ZA

how long should i keep a copper loop?

Dr. Ralph Boling
Copper IUD's: are usually rated for up to ten years of contraceptive protection, be sure to discuss with your doctor, for specifics in your case

Is there anyone that has the copper i.U.D anymore\?

Dr. PAUL EUN
Dr. PAUL EUNanswered
Many: Copper iuds are still in use although it is not as popular as one that contains progestin hormone (mirena). Copper iud (paragard) is approved for 10 years of use as opposed to Mirena (levonorgestrel) which is approved for 5 years. The main advantage of Mirena (levonorgestrel) is very light or no periods. Paragard is associated with little heavier periods.

What is the definition or description of: copper?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
A metal element: This is a reactive metal, one of the basic elements, which is incorporated in a variety of biochemical pathways in the body to catalyze many important functions. It is rarely deficient but too much can lead to liver disease and brain problems in some uncommon diseases.
OM

What is use of colloidal copper ?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Let me explain: Copper is an essential mineral that body needs to support the health of your red blood cells, nerve fibers, bones and connective tissues. Copper is found in nuts, legumes, cereals, oysters, meat, potatoes and certain other vegetables. . Don’t take copper before first consulting your doctor.
Australia

How can I find out if I am allergic to copper ? Is there a test that i can do?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Contact allergy: I presume you meant a contact skin reaction. If so, a patch test can be performed to confirm the allergy.

Can you advise for using copper peptides for sebaceous hyperplasia?

Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology 29 years experience
I have not seen: any response to copper peptides for the treatment of seb hyp

Last updated Mar 22, 2020