San Jose, CA

my 5 year daughter has a nose bleed in the morning, i noticed while waking her up and blood was on pillow and light running too, which i wiped with wet towel and kept her heads up. what is it?

Look inside the nose: A normal child can have occasional, brief nosebleeds. Causes include colds or allergies that cause sniffling and mucous in the nose. Teaching a child to blow her nose while bathing can clear mucous. A bead or other toy put "up the nose" can cause bleeding, as can nasal trauma from bumping into things. If nose bleeding is heavy, or repeats for more than 2 days, one should talk with her doctor.