Im only 8 weeks pregnant and my bile acids are already at 32.3. is that dangerous to me & the baby? what can i do to lower my bile acids?

Dr. Ralph Boling
Bile salts: Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy is the serum bile acid test, a blood test to measure the level of bile acids. It is often referred to as total bile acids, bile salts, or bile acid salts. ... Bile acids over 10 µmol/L indicate ICP. Be sure to discuss your labs with your doctor to be sure the measurement methods are the same, and what the best treatment plan would be.

Last updated Feb 25, 2020