U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old female asked:

Anal discharge for a few years now, never gotten worse or included pain or blood. i havent had colonoscopy but have been to the dr got cbc all normal results. i did have high crp inflammation result. get scleritis every few months. 24yr old. ideas?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 51 years experience
At least two issues: You anal leakage and scleritis may be unrelated. Give the high CRP and scleritis, you ought to consult a rheumatologist for investigation of auto-immune disorder. Anal leakage with require evaluation by a rectal surgeon. Have a healthy diet, exercise 30 minutes/day, drink plenty of water, have safe sex, no tobacco alcohol weed or street drugs. For nutrition: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 55 years experience
Dr. Singh is correct. But I have to wonder why colonoscopy (or protoscopy, or maybe just anoscopy) has not been done. That's a logical next step. See a specialist (gastroenterologist, proctologist, or colon and rectal surgeon).
Feb 15, 2020
Last updated Feb 15, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.