U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 39-year-old female asked:

I have pain in my hip area. feels like a muscle issue. it is on the right side. cannot stand long, then it aches. i had 2 surgeries on my right knee years ago (torn meniscus in 2010 and ligament replacement in 2013). physio not working.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Exam needed: Your orthopedic surgeon can evaluate and advise you best about this hip pain. If located on the side of the hip, bursitis is a possibility. If pain is toward the groin, arthritis of the hip joint would be more likely. Differences in leg length or abnormal gait from prior knee issues may have played a role.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Feb 9, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.