U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old member asked:

I am having knee surgery (acl replacement and meniscus scope) and i am allergic to hydrocodone. what should i expect?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alexander Bankov
Anesthesiology 37 years experience
Different painkiller: You should discuss the signs of your reaction to hydrocodone with your anesthesiologist, who, based on the other information about your health and input from surgeon will formulate anesthesia plan dor you, that will include the postoperative analgesia. You are not alone and there are suitable alternatives.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 36-year-old male asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 28-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 42-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Nov 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.