U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Riverhead, NY
A 25-year-old member asked:

I just had a mri done and my results where t2 vertebral body indicating a compression fracture. ive been experiencing pins and needles that run down my legs and weakness too and chest pains. is this something that i may need surgery to fix?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 51 years experience
Need to examine: What is the underlying cause that has caused a fracture of a vertebra at your age? You will need to be evaluated by a neurologist and an orthopedic surgeon. Wish you good health!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 31, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.