I have a lump on my inner knee thats been growing for around 3 months. sports physician ordered an mri, but came back normal apart from minor joint effusion. the lump is still growing though and starting to cause me some discomfort. concerning?

Dr.
Suggest GP review: Might need re-examination here. if the MRI was largely unremarkable it may well be some sort of skin issue. In which case an examination will help and then if needed referral on. If appears to be related to the knee your GP could then get a radiologist to relook at the MRI and provide an opinion re likely cause, or refer you on to another specialist perhaps orthopaedic surgeon if needed.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr.
Re-assess: Without examining your knee it is difficult to tell you what the likely cause is. A normal MRI is quite reassuring. Knee effusions can sometimes causes swelling of the knee but this is not usually localised to the inner knee. As a previous Dr said another possibility is a skin condition which may not show up on MRI if it was very small. I suggest a repeat assessment in person with your GP.
Last updated Mar 29, 2018