U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old female asked:

I've had what looks like a skin rash on the right side of my face for the past month or 2, it is now spreading to the left side? should i see a specialist or can i see a gp? what could it be?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 35 years experience
Doctor can evaluate: Rashes are hard to visualize in words and may be conditions such as allergic reactions, eczema, comedones, folliculitis, etc... Each may have a somewhat different treatment, so one's primary care doctor can evaluate and give some recommendations. Little white heads are more likely folliculitis. If quite itchy, an allergic reaction is more likely. One's GP is a good start, but a dermatologist is fine too.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 30, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.