ZA

Hi there, i'm experiencing a sharp pain kn the right hand side of my chest (upper). also, i'm abit short of breath. it has been going on since yesterday (07.03.2021). please advise what it could be? should i see my gp or head into hospital?

Dr. Richard Romano
More details are needed. Difficulties breathing needs to be evaluated, its not possible to say for sure that you need to go to the emergency room. I would be very concerned if you have shortness of breath with an excursion. Please report shortness of breath when they have pain with breathing or nasal congestion.
Dr. Ramalingaier Parameswaran
Specializes in Cardiology
Your description is not typical of a heart related problem in that it does not appear to be related to exertion and appears to be prolonged in duration without other associated symptoms. However, I would urge you to seek attention without delay. Your GP’s office may not be fully equipped to do additional testing. Therefore I would suggest that you see a cardiologist or go to a hospital emergency

Last updated Mar 31, 2021