I accidentally took two pills of unisom pm pain. am i going to be okay? the dosage was for one pill and i read it wrong. now my body feels weird and weak.

Can call the doctor: Usually a person who, on just one occasion, takes twice the dose for an over-the-counter medication will be fine as the medicine wears off. The acetaminophen portion is 325mg per pill, so 2 pills is no problem. The diphenhydramine portion is 50mg per pill, so twice that would be VERY sedating. That's why a person should talk with his or her primary care doctor to see if a doctor's exam is needed.

Last updated Jun 13, 2021