My back is out, it pinches in the lower back and shoots down my sciatic nerve in my right buttock and down my leg. my leg is numb, back muscles seized up, severe pain constantly for 2 weeks and extremely limited range of motion. i cant sleep. ?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 53 years experience
Surgery?: This needs specialty care ASAP. You can expect a program of rest and/or exercises and/or physical therapy; or perhaps prompt surgery. Ask your doctor about referral to an orthopedist who specializes in spine disease or a neurosurgeon. If you're having fever, you need care immediately: some cases like this are due to spinal infection that needs emergency surgery and IV antibiotics. Good luck.

Last updated Dec 17, 2019