DE

I have a bloated stomach and pain in pelvic area that goes around my back and down my leg and in y hip and buttocks. i have been told it was the sciatic nerve, but i am wondering if it could be an ovarian cyst. i am 70 years old?

Dr. John Berryman
With a "bloated stomach", and pelvic/abdominal pain, "around back and in hip and buttocks", while some elements may be "sciatic nerve compression", ovarian disease (cyst or complex tumor) needs evaluation : see your gyn for an exam and other testing (ultrasound of pelvis) and after that, a referral to a neurologist for evaluation as well.

Last updated Mar 23, 2021