U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old female asked:

Please help my son has skin problem im not sure what medication to use once went 2the dermatologist he had treatment for months bt now it seems worse and being to the dermatologist doesn't seem to help anymore he has eczema what can i use for his sk?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Not on line issue: Eczema can be a lifelong problem. It often starts in infancy with 1/3 showing some food triggers. Food allergy tests may help some depending on age. Treatment usually requires a mixture of moisturizers/ topical steroid creams & may include other advanced meds. A written skin care plan that varies the treatments with the increase/decrease of symptoms is needed.Find a doc & stick with them.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 15, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.