ZA

morning my kids 5 and 2 get very bad swelling of mosquito bites. we use mosquito repelants and even that coils at night. im worried because they scratch themselves open at times. any advise on what to use especially the swelling ?

Dr. Alejandra de Alba Razo
Specializes in General Practice
Swelling : In order to reduce mosquito bites swelling, you could try to elevate the affected area and apply ice to reduce swelling and pain, apply over-the-counter lotion to the affected area, clean blisters with soap and water without breaking them, if itching persists, try oral antihistamines and if the swelling progresses or the area appears infected consult your primary care provider.
Dr. Kesval Pillay-lungoomiah
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Swelling is also possibly related to localised reaction to mosquito bite..localised sensitivity reaction..after soap washing can apply mild steroid cream(betamethasone type cream..Repivate/Topivate)
Apr 2, 2020