San Jose, CA

I keep losing ur site after i ask a question n i can't find an answer anywhere (if you've answered me that is) forgive me please! i'll try just one last time why cant you take a laxative if you have a bowel obstruction and are still softeners ok?

Depends on details: A patient with an obstruction needs to work with her primary care doctor and gastroenterologist to see how to eat, drink, and poop. For example, if a person has a complete obstruction, and takes a laxative... where would the poop go? If she is completely blocked... the strongest laxative in the world will just give her the strongest cramps... but where would the poop go? Each person is different!

Last updated Nov 15, 2019