ZA

I was 14 when i was operated on and hospitalized in 2010 for 30 days as a result of pericardial effusion. my mom was operated earlier this year for pericardial effusion and my grandmother was operated last year for it. is it genetic?

Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Interesting: I am unaware of any specific familial tendency to pericardial effusion other than bad luck. I did a search of this topic and can find no literature on it. I hope one of the cardiologists on the service respond to this question. It would be a good area to research. Good question, sorry I do not have an answer.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 23, 2019