I have been on 2-20mg aciphex a day for years and it's not working anymore. i have had chest pain and the feeling of my throat closing up. i am barely eating. i also have a hiatal hernia.i just had an abdominal ct scan and ekg-normal. new rx needed?

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Gastroenterologist: You don't mention a gastroenterologist. I think one should be treating you. A gastroscopy would allow careful examination of the esophagus and stomach as well as testing for h pylori which would be my recommendations

Answered 11/13/2019

128 views

LPR a variant of GER: You have.LPR . A retrograde (backward) movement of stomach enzymes (Pepsin) and acid into the lower throat region. LPR patients are usually unaware of LPR and, unlike GER patients, do not usually complain of heartburn (only 35% do complain).Treatment of LPR takes a three-pronged approach with attention to diet and behavior changes, and use of PPI for a longer period at 40 mg bid upto 6 months

Answered 11/16/2019

128 views