U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Houston, TX
A 39-year-old female asked about a 40-year-old male:

My brother has what looks like a cluster of blisters or rash on the back of the neck. it wont go away even with steroid cream and lotion. any idea what it could be? its been almost 6 months now

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Doctor can examine: Rashes are hard to describe in words. Usually, a doctor has to look at a rash to see what it may be. With little bumps or blisters that don't go away, they may be molluscum, abnormal hair follicles, eczema, comedones, etc... Sometimes rashes start for no obvious reason, and then continue if scratched. A doctor's exam in-person is best, but sometimes an online visit with good photos will work too.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 2, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.