ZA

im urinating blood stained urine with clots in it and its very painful while urinating and i have lower pelvic pain. this blood started showing while in hospital i had an in dwelling catheter after it was removed it was worse its been over 3 days ?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Contact hospital/MD: You need to contact the hospital or the MD who provided care to you and explain the above issues. You may have a urinary tract infection from the indwelling catheter that needs further evaluation and treatment. This is very common when catheters are left in for extended time.
Dr. Jaiprakash Thakor Jairam
Catheter-uti: Hospitalisation carries its own risk.Hope reason for admission solved.In-dwelling catheter has probably resulted in a UTI.See doctor for anti-biotics and urine to the lab for micro/culture/sensitivity especially as this infection was acquired in hospital.Hydrate 2 litre/day minimum.Check sensitivity results to make sure you on appropriate anti-biotic.Repeat test 3-4 days after course of meds