MD

At my 16 week appointment,doctor was using fetal doppler to look for baby heart.she took awhile than she said she heard my heartbeat but few seconds later she said she found baby heartbeat at 140bpm.is it possible she mistaked my heartbeat with baby?

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Fetal heartbeat: It is unusual for an adult to have a heart rate of 140, would likely feel pounding Adults are usually 60-100, when over 120 most feel uneasy and pounding. In fact on the day they did the fetal US they likely checked your heart beat as well so you could call and ask what your heartbeat was that day. Moreover if there was a problem they would have had to tell you. Dont worry. Good luck!!

Last updated Oct 15, 2019