My 4 year old son has a middle ear infection, has being taking augmentin for the last 3 days. but his ear is constantly discharging yellow thick fluid. is this normal or should it have stopped by now?

16 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. James Ferguson answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Unless the kid has grommets and is draining the infection through them this would be evidence for a ruptured ear drum. With either the discharge would continue for a time pass when the germs were all dead. If the volume of discharge does not lessen over the next day or 2 I would have him re-checked in a few days rather tan a few weeks.

Answered Mar 25, 2022

135 views