Tampa, FL

My stool is a light/medium brown color, but when i wipe, it is yellowish brown. i am taking probiotics and had a cat scan and all stomach organs are normal according to my doctors! what could this be?

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Yellow brown stool : I would not worry since it is mostly brown. if it were mostly yellow, it could be due to to much gluten or gluten intolerance, yellow foods like carrots/ sweet potatoes, turmeric in the diet, stress , liver , gallbladder pancreas but tests were negative or the effect of the probiotic . You could try a week to 10 days off the probiotic and then restart it and see if that makes the difference.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 50 years experience
Normal: What you described is normal. Have a healthy diet, exercise 30 minutes/day, drink plenty of water, have safe sex, no tobacco alcohol weed or street drugs. For nutrition: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/.
Last updated Sep 4, 2019