U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Hong Kong
A 30-year-old member asked about a 30-year-old male:

I have a rash on my neck and chest - red rash with small pustules. what could it be? do i need to go to the doctor? fyi, i was taking cloremephenicol capsules as i feel off a bike and wanted to prevent infection. thanks

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 27 years experience
Chloramphenicol ?: Rashes may occur in people who have increased sensitivity to Chloramphenicol. It sounds like you are no longer taking the medication. If the rash is resolving and you are feeling well- might not require med eval.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 21, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.