PA

Hi i am in need of answers to this rash i have somehow contracted. i went to the doctor and he told me it was pitryasis rosea. it covers my stomach,neck, and chest. it has now spread to my arms and thighs. it is very itchy, looks like big and small hives.

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 59 years experience
Hives?: If the individual lesions subside within a day, it is likely hives. The most common cause for hives lasting less than 6 weeks in duration is a viral infection. Drug reaction is another possibility . Try taking antihistamine.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 12, 2016